Coconut oil has many benefits!! I’ve been a bit obsessed lately, but who knew you could do all these things with coconut oil!? Below is a list of things you can benefit from using this product.
- Calms acne (rub a little on the red spot)
- Help create a beachy hair spray (just add a table spoon of salt to a water bottle and a table spoon of coconut oil and shake!)
- Makeup remover! (Why waste money on eye makeup removers when you could easily dab a little bit of coconut oil on a cotton roll and perfecto!)
- Condition hair (I have baby fine hair so this probably wouldn’t work well for me…if you have thick hair, this would be perfect!)
- Improves dental health. (Helps freshen breath and gives you a whiter smile!! Also helps with cavities!)
- Relieves sore throats! (mix a tad with water)
- Diminish bags under eyes. (Cotton roll and gently dab under your eyes.)
- Remedy wounds. (If you have a cut, this could help with the healing process.)
I used to buy my coconut oil at Kroger in the organic isle and I’ve been doing something called oil pulling. Oil pulling is where you take a table spoon of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth for 15 mins! It may sound awful, and the texture is something that took awhile to get used to but it has many good dental benefits and I love that. I saw on Instagram where there was a new brand called COCOWHITE.
Cocowhite is made in the UK and is strictly for oil pulling which I absolutely loved. It comes in its own little package, 14 samples for $30 which is a 2 weeks supply. They have three flavors…Vanilla, mint and lemon. I ordered mine last week and it arrived the other day. I picked the flavor mint! I’m really glade I found this brand because oil pulling has become a routine of mine : )
1. Place coconut oil in mouth
2.Swish for 5-15 mins! (I usually do this while I’m getting ready in the morning or showering!)
3. Spit out the coconut oil into a napkin and throw away! (Spitting it into the sink can clog up your drain.)
4. Smile! This product is suppose to be a detox, and helps whiten teeth.
Would you ever try oil pulling? 😉